Craft Bazaar - Security Requirements
HOLIDAY CRAFT BAZAAR
Here we go again! The instructions for this year's security requirements are show below. Please be sure to read everything.
Security requirements: All boxes, bags, etc. have to be checked before being brought into the building. As you can imagine, if we have all crafters trying to bring their crafts in all at one time, it could be quite over powering to the security people. In order to accomplish the security check, in what we hope will be an orderly manner, I will assign everyone a block of time to bring in their crafts. Please check the following schedule to see when your time is. Here’s how it will work:
- Please bring in your merchandise during your allotted time.
- The volunteers will check your boxes on the loading dock in the 905 building. This is the building that BPA is in. The loading dock is to the left of the ramp as you enter the building.
- After the boxes are checked by a volunteer, the crafts will be taken (by you) to Room 122. (We hope to have carts to assist you. If you have carts of your own, please bring them to carry the boxes to the storage area.)
- At the end of the first night all crafters assigned to space in the hallway will need to breakdown their displays and return all unsold merchandise to Room 122 until the next day.
- No additional merchandise can be brought in on either day of the bazaar. The guards will not be available to check any boxes after Wednesday night. (See me if you need to bring in any special orders the next day.)
- You will be responsible for removing your crafts at the end of the second day.
- All vehicles entering the building will undergo a security inspection. Please park on the West side (south facing) of NE 9th Avenue and a Security Officer will assist you.
Very Important! I will need a list of names of all people that will be bringing in the crafts for the security check on Wednesday who do not have building entry badges. This list will be given to security to enable you to get into the loading dock area on Wednesday afternoon. NOTE: Please have ID available.
All persons entering the building for the Bazaar on Thursday and Friday will need to get a building pass from security. In order to accomplish this I will need the names of all non-badged people that will be selling your crafts at the bazaar. The names will be given to security to enable them to have building passes pre-made for Thursday and Friday. This will cut down the time needed to enter the building and will make security’s job a lot easier.
Visitors /customers to the Bazaar, who are not federal employees with federal ID, may sign in at the lobby and receive a pass to the Bazaar. This will allow access to the lobby, room 122 and the restroom only.
Please come in through the BPA building and pick up your pass from the security desk before entering the Bazaar area.
Please follow the schedule for security check-in.
Prior year’s security check-in has gone very smoothly. While it is an inconvenience I’m sure we all agree that we can live with the safety requirements when we know that it is in the interest of our family and friends that are working in the buildings.
See you soon!
Terry Larson 503-230-5137
P.S. Tally Sheet to record your sales for the two days of the bazaar will be on your tables. If you need additional sheets, please see me. Return the Tally Sheet with your 10 percent to me before you leave on Friday.